Wednesday, August 1, 2012

3 DIYs for baby that I plan to use forever

There are quite a few things that are made for babies that are only useful for while the baby is little. These things, though, I plan to keep using until I wear them out, and I already have several applications for them.

One, pictured above, is the diaper bag. Far from being a baby print item, I made this to be functional. It has 6 pockets, one that is bottle or sippy cup applicable, stroller straps (pictured), and the other side has a detachable fold-out changing pad. The whole thing is washable, and I made a detachable messenger bag strap that could turn this into a laptop case, school bag, or multi-purpose tote with ease.

This is a lifesaver. The last of my Basmati rice got a bug or two in it, so I decided to make a heating pad. The fabric was an over-sized pair of soft terrycloth pajamas. A minute in the microwave, and angels sing. Any achy muscles for the rest of my life have met their match. The best part? It's big enough to stretch across my hips or over my spine, and it holds the heat for around 20 minutes.


These still need to be serged, but I pictured them anyway. That stack represents 50 small pieces of receiving blanket, and will be my homemade baby wipes. When they are no longer needed for that purpose, the surviving ones will become my dusting wipes, and generally multipurpose cloths.

What are some other DIYs that will be great for baby and beyond?

No comments:

Post a Comment