Monday, January 23, 2012

The Texas Cheese Fry Massacre!

Our favorite appetizer at Chili's is their Texas cheese fries.  Pretty much every time we eat there, it's on the agenda.  So, when I noticed a massive jar of jalapenos in the refrigerator, I got an idea.  And it was a good one, therefore, I shall share:

Texas Cheese Fries

1 Idaho baking potato, cut but not peeled
Peanut or veggie oil for frying the potato/es
Salt and pepper to taste
6-12 jalapeno slices (the pickled ones do fine)
About 1/4 c. cheddar cheese
1-2 snipped green onions

Fry potato/es until golden and crispy.  Place in oven-safe dish and add salt and pepper, jalapeno, cheese, and finally onion to garnish.  Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.  Serve hot with a buttermilk ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.

I really wish I had taken a picture of this before it was devoured.  I don't like jalapenos, so I pick mine off and give them to my husband.  These would make a fantastic Superbowl snack, especially since you can make multiple recipes at the same time.

Any other imitation recipes of which I should be aware?

No comments:

Post a Comment