Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 4 and the Tough Get Going!

Today was super busy. I was out of the house from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM, then went for walks with Raiden and did active garden work until 8:30, when I put Raiden in bed early and began chilling. I'm seriously considering hitting the hay at 10 tonight and leaving the dish washing until the morning. I hate that it puts me under stress to get everything together in time tomorrow, but I've about spent the last of my energy.

Day 4                     Sunny Wednesday, Going to Chattanooga for an errand excursion!

This morning began with my first foray into GF baking, and it wasn’t a disaster! Hooray! My MIL is also mostly GF because of a sensitivity to wheat…and yesterday was her birthday. Since I was seeing her today, I decided to fix a GF version of her favorite breakfast: biscuits, gravy, and chicken. I used this recipe and added an extra splash of milk:


They turned out a little dry still, but very good overall. The chicken and gravy covered up most of the ricey flavor and I’m sure they’d be delicious with butter and jam on them as well.

I will say, overall today I was a bad girl. Going out, I did eat GF and easily—the menu item I wanted happened to be GF. It also happened to be really fattening, which makes the whole toning up aspect of this whole scenario a little more elusive.  I’m sure I’ll get a salad in sometime this week.

Breakfast: Biscuits, a little gravy, and chicken (all GF and all delicious!)

Lunch: Asiago and crab dip with tortilla chips from Big River Grille


Dinner: Leftovers from lunch. Don’t judge me. It was staring at me from the fridge calling my name. The salad was oddly silent…maybe my rejection has hurt its feelings. 

So I'm off to wash up for bed. My husband has quite the surprise waiting for him when he gets home, seeing as my sunflowers and pole beans are now history. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment