Sunday, September 1, 2013

Gluten-Free Month!

Big things are happening in the next couple of months at the Thomas house, and it's time to be prepared!

First off, we decided not to do a beach vacation because it would cost us 5% of our annual income to pull off the shindig we wanted, so instead I'm planning a fall staycation with apple picking, aquarium visit, and all sorts of things that don't involve busting a grand. That, I'm sure, will be the subject of future posts.

Second, the minja will be turning 1! I've got a tiny toddler on my hands, and each growth offers new ways to make things amazing. His is one of about 3,572 birthdays happening in the next month, and all in time for the holidays to show up, sooooo....

It is now time for me to finish off this baby weight. Any of you who know me well probably know I nurse Raiden and don't really plan to stop for a little while. Though things have definitely slowed some, the hormones really need about 3 months of no milk before it becomes easy to lose again. If it ever even does.

So, I want to take some "drastic" measures that won't hurt my milk supply. And since I spoiled it in the title, I'll go ahead and spell it out: no gluten for Jenny in the month of September. Today was Day One, and things are off to a great start.

I have my size measurements below, and I'll check again at halfway and at the end, to see if there's a change. I don't have a scale, so weight is not going to factor in. I also have eczema, and this will be a bit of a test to see if anything changes there, though I doubt it will. Mostly, I'm hoping to trim up that 40.

Waist: 32 1/2 inches
Hip: 40 inches (you see where the problem lies)
Bicep: 13.5 inches

So, without further ado, here's Day 1 of my Making Gluten Free Amazing challenge!

Rainy Sunday with afternoon trip to Ama’s to shell peas; writing the Fuel

Day one of my gluten-free month! I must say, though there are plenty of temptations around me, my excitement and my plan have held through pretty well. The plan is to have 3 delicious meals and a couple of snack options available. Then, when hunger comes, I know what options I have next. I hate meal planning long-term, so planning a day at a time gives me something to look forward to without making me feel trapped by a piece of paper.

Breakfast: Omelet with cheddar, ½ slice of turkey bacon, avocado, and green onion.
Lunch: Leek & onion soup with goat cheese, ½ slice of turkey bacon, balsamic dressing, and tortilla chips.
Dinner: Rice/veggie medley, chicken, baked green beans, Greek yogurt sauce

Snacks/beverages: Green grapes, shared orange, hot tea

If anyone wants my recipes for any of this, holla!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment