Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 5 of Gluten Free and the Salads are Getting Antsy

Sorry this one's a few hours late! Forgot to post before bed last night.

Day 5                     Sunny Thursday, house cleaning, funeral

Today was encouraging—My MIL and SIL both noticed that the puffiness that they thought was weight had almost completely gone away.  Hooray! I’m losing that 40!!!

And the salad in my fridge had words to say to me when I finally decided to give it a try. My base was a 50/50 spring mix/spinach medley, and I didn’t realize that it included aromatic herbs. Yuck. I’m all for herbs in cooking, but fresh is waaay too overpowering for me. So, my salad returns to the fridge, feeling spurned and rejected. It may organize a revolt among the greens.

Breakfast: Um…I shared an orange with Raiden…

Lunch: Dismal failure of an herbed salad

Dinner: EarthFare! I got some California Roll sushi (no soy sauce, that has gluten) and shared a smoothie with Raiden and David.


Snacks/beverages: Hot tea, water, dried figs, banh pho with parmesan and garlic and avocado

No comments:

Post a Comment